Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education
Publication Date: November 20, 2015
Binding: Kobo eBook
“The main objective of the New Education Experiment is to restore the richness and completeness of human nature…and allow teachers and students to live happy and complete lives.” —Zhu Yongxin
Filled with powerful insights and inspiring true stories, this book is the culmination of Zhu Yongxin’s lifetime of experience as a student, teacher, lecturer, and pioneering leader of education experiment. These essays provide a window to the daily lives of the dedicated men and women who are turning the dream of a new education in China into a thrilling and beautiful reality. In these pages, you’ll learn about:
* Yongxin’s fascinating personal journey through China’s education system
* The transformative leaders, teachers, mentors and role models who are motivating China’s youth--and building China’s future
* China’s ongoing commitment to new education reform—and the incredible potential it has to enrich people’s lives, open new doors, and uplift a nation’s spirit
One of the most influential leaders of education experiment in China, Professor Zhu Yongxin has spent his life and career exploring the limitless possibilities of learning. From his early school days discovering the joys of literature through his continuing journey into higher education, he has been challenged by great thinkers, inspired by great teachers, and committed to a great nation’s vision of a new education that would uplift the lives of all of its people.
In this illuminating collection of essays,Yongxin shares his most personal thoughts, reminiscences, and insights on the new education of China. These richly diverse, deeply felt writings shed light on a wide range of educational issues, including:
* The pivotal role of education in our professional lives and personal happiness
* The challenge of implementing new reforms in our schools and our homes
* The importance of having good teachers, supportive families, and inspiring role ...