Geared toward the intermediate to advanced Excel 2016 user, this pocketbook provides explanations and context for many powerful Excel 2016 spreadsheet formulas and functions. Step-by-step instructions for many formula/function-related features such as using range names, and Excel's troubleshooting features. Focus on clarity, accuracy, and the user's perspective, this guide will be a valuable resource to improve your proficiency in using Microsoft Excel 2016. This guide is suitable as a training handout, or simply an easy to use reference guide.
- Controlling Order of Precedence
- Conditionally Summing/Counting Data (SUMIF, COUNTIF)
- Being Precise (Rounding functions)
- Improving Clarity with Range Names: Creating Names, Limiting Scope, Defining a Constant or Formula for a Name, Managing Names, Indirectly Referring to a Named Range (INDIRECT)
- New Functions for Office 365, Mobile & Online (CONCAT, TEXTJOIN, IFS, MAXIFS/MINIFS, SWITCH)
- Merging Text and Numbers (CONCATENATE, TEXT, LEFT, RIGHT, MID, LEN, FIND, VALUE, TRIM, SUBSTITUTE)
- Changing Results: IF, AND, OR, NOT
- Table Lookups (VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, INDEX, MATCH)
- Error Recovery (ISNA, ISERROR)
- Array Formulas (Single Cell & Multi-Cell Arrays)
- Dates and Times (DATE, YEAR, MONTH, DAY, TODAY, WEEKDAY, NETWORKDAYS, EDATE)
- Using a Formula for Data Validation
- Troubleshooting: Types of Errors, Automatic Error Checking, Using the Error Checker, Showing/Hiding Formulas, Evaluating Nested Formulas, Selecting Related Cells, Displaying Cell Relationships, Removing Relationship Arrows.