A new edition of Dennis Rosenthal 's Consumer Credit Law and Practice - A Guide is always an event to be welcomed by the busy practitioner - In all this welter of regulation, there is a great need for a work which reduces the mass of case law and regulation covered in encyclopaedic works into a clear, concise and readable form which steers a way through the labyrinth. This is just such a book - It is to be warmly welcomed.
From the Foreword by Roy GoodeThe most useful and comprehensive single volume work on the subject of consumer credit.
Consumer Credit Law and Practice - A Guide, Fifth Edition is an easily accessible guide covering all aspects of consumer credit, consumer hire and ancillary credit businesses.
Written in a clear and penetrating style, the new fifth edition has been extensively updated and rewritten to take account of all relevant case law, legislative changes and developments, including-
- coverage of EU Directives relating to alternative dispute resolution, supervision of credit institutions and consumer credit agreements for residential immovable property
- the transfer of licensing from the OFT under CCA 1974 to authorisation and permission by the FCA under FSMA
- the substitution of substantial parts of CCA 1974 and regulations under that Act, by FSMA, regulations under FSMA including RAO, and the FCA Handbook, in particular the Consumer Credit sourcebook (CONC) and the Mortgages and Home Finance Conduct of Business sourcebook (MCOB)
- new chapters on FCA requirements and procedures relating to authorisation and permission, treating customers fairly, supervision and reporting, and alternative dispute resolution
- developments in related areas such as data protection, fraud prevention and anti-money laundering
Consumer Credit Law and Practice - A Guide, Fifth Edition is essential reading for- banking and commercial law practitioners; in-house lawyers; companies operating