Terms And Conditions
Welcome to collinsbooks.com.au
Our on-line service offers the same customer service as every branch of our conventional retail outlets, plus special on-line bargains and competitions. The advantage of our online service is that we never close, and you can shop for your favourite books from home.
The first time you visit www.collinsbooks.com.au and want to order a book, we create your customer account. You enter your personal information (name, address, phone, email address) only once and then every time you return to the site to make a purchase, all you have to do is enter your account name and password. We retrieve all your personal information from our database. For security reasons, you must enter credit card information each time you visit.
To make it easy to return to www.collinsbooks.com.au, we suggest you bookmark our site.
All queries and comments:
Collins Booksellers Pty Limited
Level 2, 86 Bourke St, Melbourne , VICTORIA, 3000, AUSTRALIA
Phone: +61 3 9654 7400
Fax: +61 3 9654 7600
Terms And Conditions for Collins Booksellers gift cards
FOR CARD BALANCE OR ASSISTANCE CALL IN PERSON AT ANY STORE OR EMAIL COLLINS BOOKSELLERS HEAD OFFICE At Websales@Collinsbooks.Com.Au
Collins Booksellers gift cards can be redeemed at Collins Booksellers and Hill Of Content stores within Australia. Not redeemable for travellers cheques or cash. The gift card is partially redeemable and it is up to the card holder to use the full value of the card within the 12 month validity period. Any unused balance will not be refunded or credited when the card expires. Where the cost of the purchase exceeds the available card balance, the card holder will be required to make up the difference between the purchase price and the gift card balance. The card expires 12 months from the date of issue. The store is not obliged to accept the use of this card on sale or under $5. Collins Booksellers and Hill Of Content stores disclaims responsibility for any lost or stolen card. In the event that a Collins Booksellers or Hill Of Content store is able to replace a lost or stolen card, Collins Booksellers and Hill Of Content reserves the right to charge a fee for the replacement of lost or stolen cards. Postage charges of $6.95 apply to gift card purchases.
Collins Booksellers - Free Shipping Promotion
Collins Booksellers may offer a shipping promotion from time to time and when offered, the terms will be displayed on the home page of www.collinsbooks.com.au.
Any shipping promotion offered by Collins Booksellers shall be calculated on the net price of the customer order after application of all other promotions, if any, but before shipping charges.
Collins Booksellers - Win Every Book in the Christmas Reading Guide 2016
- These Terms and Conditions relate to the "Win Every Book in the Christmas Reading Guide 2016" promotion. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these conditions. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is Collins Booksellers Franchising Pty Ltd (ABN 30 127 821 961) of Level 2, 86 Bourke Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000
- The Promotion commences at 12pm 1st November 2016 (AEST) and concludes at midnight on 31 December 2016 (AEST)
Entry and eligibility
- Entry is open to all Australian residents who have satisfied the requirements set out below
- Management, employees and contractors of the Promoter and their immediate families and franchisees, and management, employees and contractors of franchisees and their immediate families are not eligible to enter this Promotion. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de facto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
To be eligible to enter the Promotion, Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
- correctly complete the entry form found in each of the Collins Booksellers Franchising Pty Ltd stores; and
- submit their correctly completed entry form in person at any Collins Booksellers store, during the Promotion Period.
- Entrants are only permitted to enter the Promotion once. Entrants are not permitted to enter the Promotion at multiple stores. Multiple entries from a single Entrant will be disqualified.
- Late, incomplete or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. Any contact details entered incorrectly on an entry form will invalidate that entry. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and binding on every person who participates in the Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify an Entrant in the event that he/she has submitted an entry not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Prize consists of every book advertised in the Catalogue, consisting of 368 books with an average sale price of $30.57 for a total value of AUD $11,250.
- If the Prize is not taken when offered, it will be forfeited and is not redeemable for cash. The Prize is not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash.
- If the Prize, or any component of the Prize, is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a substitute of equal monetary value, and the Winner will be notified accordingly.
- The Winner will be determined by the Promoter by 12.00pm on 31st of January 2017 (AEST) at Level 2, 86 Bourke Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000 and the Winner will be notified by email and telephone on or before 5:00pm 3rd of February 2017 using the details provided on the winning entry form. The results of the competition will be published in The Australian newspaper on the on the 7th of January.
- If the Winner wishes to claim the Prize, he or she must confirm this fact and his or her eligibility to win under these Terms and Conditions within one (1) month of the Notification date. In the event that the Prize is not claimed, the Prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will determine a new Winner pursuant to clause 7.
- The Promoter will arrange for the Prize to be delivered to the Winner's address provided on the entry form, or any alternative address notified by the Winner to the Promoter in writing to which the Promoter agrees. Property and risk in and to the Prize will pass to the Winner on the Prize being passed to the carrier for delivery to the Winner and the Promoter will not be responsible for any damage or loss to the Prize after that time.
- By entering into this Promotion, each Entrant (including, but not only, the Winner) acknowledges and consents to the publication of his/her name, photograph and entry by the Promoter in any media (including, but not only, the Promoter's website), throughout the world, for any purpose and without restriction, in perpetuity. All intellectual property rights in all entries vest in the Promoter at the time of entry.
- By entering into this Promotion, each Entrant (including, but not only, the Winner) acknowledges and consents to receiving email communications from the Promoter from time to time, including marketing and promotional material, unless the Entrant notifies the Promoter by email that he or she no longer wishes to receive email communications.
- If the Promotion cannot, for any reason, be conducted as anticipated, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to modify, suspend, or cancel the Promotion.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter (including its officers, contractors, employees, agents and representatives) is not liable for any loss (including loss of opportunity), damage (including, but not limited to, direct, indirect or consequential loss), cost, expense or claim arising from or in relation to the Promotion, any entry or Prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected, or the use of a Prize.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties regarding the matters set out in it. All prices stated are in Australian dollars and represent the recommended retail price to the best of the Promoter’s knowledge. The laws applicable in Victoria govern this deed and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria and any courts competent to hear appeals from those courts.
- Trade Promotions Licenses:
- South Australia Licence: T16/1895
- New South Wales Licence: LTPS/16/08360